Thursday, October 20, 2005

A&P is done, Paramagic is about to begin

A&P is finally over. Phew. And i managed to do pretty good in it. I think i got a 96 on the final and a 95 overall, or maybe its the other way around. My sister is kinda peeved at me. I quote: "You totally Suck! I studied my butt off and you barely cracked the book and you still did better than me!!!" Those were her words when she heard my score. My mom kind of felt the same way. I suppose i ought to mention that my mom, sister, and I are all taking the paramedic class. My sister and i are takin the original which starts in...16.5 hours and my mom is takin the advanced standing class, because she's already a Medic (or Level 3, or Critical Care Tech, whatever ya wanna call it) That starts right after Christmas. So i think the sibling rivalry has begun. My sister already made mention of kickin my ass on our first module exam. We will see, little sister, we will see. I think it's all in what you study and how you take the test. some people read too hard into tests and that can bite ya in the ass. The way i test is i look at a question and if the answer is a "gimme", no problem. If its somethin i'm not sure of, i can pretty much knock out 2 possible answers using the process of elimination, then if i'm still not sure, i've got a 50/50 chance at it.
So anyway, life isnt that bad with the exception of no full time employment. I'm probably gonna be driving bus for a few months but thats probably gonna take a few weeks to get in motion (no pun intended). Then in january, barring any unforseen circumstances, i go full time with an ambulance. As much as i'd love to be a bum for the next few months, my car payment and insurance and other stuff kinda require the paychecks to start comin again. not to mention paying for paramedic class. One ambulance i work for only pays for full-timers classes, and the other ambulance would reimburse me at the end. Yah right. Pay for the class out of pocket, then get it refunded and be stuck in Sh-t town for 3-5 years? I'm sorry. I do kind of enjoy the conveniences of small town life, but not this small town. It's like a cross between Varsity Blues and Pleasantville. You know, high school football, N.Y. Yankees, and highly apathetic residents. You would not believe the level of apathy in this town. I'm not even gonna get into it this time.
I would really rather live in the middle of absolutely nowhere, surrounded by woods, fishing streams, the occasional field/meadow, and a healthy population of huge whitetail deer.
Remember that book, My Side of the Mountain? I've always kinda dreamed about doing that. I'm not really that much of a hardcore Boondocker, but the thought has always appealed to me.
Well, i gotta go to bed.
Tomorrow is gonna be halfway busy. Study for CDL permit test, hopefully go Take CDL Permit test, tie up some loose ends here and there, then go dive into the paramedic class.
Let the fun begin!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page