Sunday, January 15, 2006

Brrr.

I love new york. We've been enjoying temps in the 40's and 50's all week, then we wake up this morning to 2 degrees. i don't think it's gotten out of the single digits today. We're in a wind chill advisory with the W.C. Factor in the -15 to-25 range. It's a little chilly.

I'm on a 24 with QVA today and we have not had anything so far. The whole county has been relatively quiet, actually. A few calls here and there throughout the county, but nothing too big as far as i know.

I haven't been on any calls of note in quite a while now. When i've been on with QVA lately, it's been either BS calls or nothing at all.

Paramedic class is back in motion and we've been going over assessments, history taking, stuff like that. I think we start trauma on thursday, i do believe. We have a module exam tomorrow night on Airway, History Taking, and Assessment. The last 2 classes have been medical and trauma assessment labs. Mostly BLS, but starting to integrate ALS into it. We're going to be starting hospital time in a week or 2, just gotta get our physicals done first

The bus job has been going pretty good. I've got the hang of the route i'm subbing on and from the sounds of it i'll be on this route for several more weeks. The regular driver hurt his back and the doctor won't let him come back to work yet. There are a few kids on this route that are a handful. The high schoolers are pretty good. I only pick up about 30 in the morning and usually only about 10 ride home in the afternoon.
My elementary run, on the other hand, can get pretty crazy. Somewhere between 67-73 kids from Pre-K thru 6th grade. It can get a little aggravating from time to time, especially in the afternoon.

Nothing new is going on other than work and class. Except for the NFL playoffs.
My team got knocked out last night. New England lost to Denver 27-13. N.E. was not on their game at all last night. Turnover after turnover sealed their fate last night. It was almost painful to watch.
Today, Pittsburg beat Indianapolis 21-18 in a very good game. I was on the edge of my seat near the end. Indy missed a 46 yard FG by a mile near the end of the game.
I'm ok with both teams, but i like pittsburg a little more than indy.
I would like to see Seattle get to the Super Bowl, but i'd also like to see Pittsburg win it all. I think it would be pretty cool if The Bus (Jerome Bettis) could get a Super Bowl ring before he retires.
So as much as I like Seattle, i think i'm gonna have to root for pittsburg this time around.

I was going to get into some recollection of past calls of note tonite, but i have to study for the module tomorrow and do a little work in my room.
So maybe next time.
Stay Safe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page