Friday, August 18, 2006

A case of whup-ass

WWWOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm a paramedic, I'm a paramedic!!! We did it!
Mom, Stacey, and I all passed!!! QV's paramedic population has now doubled and now half of the paramedics for the ambulance have the same phone number. how cool is that!!! Plus from what mom said last night, we are the first mother/daughter/son combo in New York State to all get certified together.

Yesterday was pretty great overall. All but 2 of us from my class who were testing on-site met at the training center, hung out for a bit, had a beer (passengers only) then headed out to Albany.
The guys i rode with had gotten a hotel room so we just chilled there for a few, went to Applebee's, went back to the hotel, soaked in the hot tub for a few, then went to the testing site.
Near the end of the test i started getting a little edgy and had to consciously keep myself from getting lax and just whipping off answers. After 2.5 hours, went into the scoring room as a basic and stepped out as an extremely excited paramedic. I got a 94% on the BLS portion and a 90% on the ALS portion. I was just about dancing.

We went back to the hotel room afterwards, lounged in the pool and the hot tub for an hour or 2, then started making our way back.

Now I am just writing this out while waiting for the bathroom to free up so i can take a shower. I'm heading into the city to take my visual and hearing acuity test, then going to the training center for my protocol test and to get online, then going to VO and letting them know that despite their doubts and occasional mockery, I passed this thing. Actually, today is a friend of mine's shift and he and most of the ppl on this shift have been pretty supportive.

Ok, gotta hit the showers.

Thanks for the well-wishes, everybody!

4 Comments:

At 7:53 AM, August 18, 2006, Blogger Stacey said...

WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!! I tottaly would have been doing cartwheels and backflips down that halway... if I knew how to do a backflip

 
At 2:12 PM, August 19, 2006, Blogger HotRodHanna said...

Congradulations!

 
At 1:40 AM, August 22, 2006, Blogger Aucklandir said...

Wicked well done dude. Now go and put it all to good practice! Go get em.

 
At 11:37 AM, August 23, 2006, Blogger Defibrilator said...

Congratulations

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page