Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Goodbye Cardiology!

FINALLY!
It's freakin OVER. No more cardiology. We had our Module yesterday. It was a pain in the ass. There were some seriously BS questions on that exam. But I just keep telling myself that I passed. I'm done, I could have gotten a better score, but i'm content with what I got. Now I can sit back and take a few deep breaths. Next up is Endocrinology and Neurology. I can't see them being much worse than cardiology. Are they? We'll see, I suppose.
Wow. Anyway... I'm so relieved cardiology is over. Having that exam hanging over my head for the last few weeks has sucked. This next week is gonna be nice and relaxed. I'm going fishing today and tomorrow if all goes well. It's supposed to be in the mid to upper 60s today and tomorrow, so it sounds like good trout weather. I might see if one or 2 of the guys from class want to go fishing as well. A few of us were gonna go yesterday, but we didnt get out of the exam until late. I think i started the test at 1230 or so and i didnt get done until 1545 or so. It might have been even later than that.... It sucked. It REALLY sucked.
Anyway. Did i mention that my cardiology exam SUCKED???
Ok, enough. It's over. move on. sheesh.

So yes, fishing. I want to try this river up in North Nowhere that looks very attractive. I think I shall brave the horrifying back roads (dirt bike mogul course is more appropriate) and go try my hand with the fish in North Nowhere. That is if I do not have to go on duty. Mom is feeling sick this morning, so I may end up going on with my sister BLS. We'll see.

So i'm still looking for work... I like driving bus, but the hours are way too sporadic. If it wasn't for the class I have to attend next week, I would be so pissed. I didnt work yesterday, I'm not working today, and the next time I definately work is Thursday afternoon. Thank God next week is the bus class i have to take, so i'll be getting paid 35-40 hours for that.
I really have to go job hunting. I need a steady job so that I can budget myself.

Oh yeah. I'm on the quitting smoking kick again. Sort of. I went out saturday night and met up with a friend I haven't seen in a while. We had an absolute blast. Had a few at his place then went up to my house (He was driving because he was not drinking), grabbed a few things, went up to the bar for a bit. Just as we were about to leave, a sheriff went whippin by so we pulled back in... we were gonna go to the bar up the road because they had a big concert going on, but apparently the sheriffs knew that too because they were everywhere.
Plus my friend has a big, bright red, pimped out dodge truck, so he didn't want to tempt fate, even sober. We wound up heading back for his place, rocking out to Metallica. Ain't My Bitch is a really good song when you're drunk and pumped up. lol So is Turn The Page... and one or 2 others. Anyway, we just wound up hanging around and catching up and all that good stuff.
Wow, i got a little off track from the smoking thing, didn't I?
Anyway, I smoked way too much that night. I have a tendency to do that when I'm drinking. I woke up the morning with wooden lungs. And the sinus infection that had been nagging me for a few days kicked into high gear. Yeah. It's been a pleasant 2 days so far. lol
The way I felt sunday had me in nooooo mood to be smoking. I wanted to, but i knew how i'd feel if i did. I wound up buying a bunch of those Creamsaver candies and I've been living off of them since sunday afternoon. Not very good for my teeth, but I guess my lungs are a little more important. :-P Anyway, yesterday went good as well for the most part. I didn't smoke until I was doing the cardiology module and one of my friends/classmates who smokes showed up. I wound up bumming a few off of him. But I haven't had a cigarette since then, which was about 1530, 1545 yesterday. Small time period, I know, but it is a start.

So what's new with everyone in blogland? I haven't done anything on here in a while now because i've been so busy with class and everything... I should have some time to breath now. At least for a day or 2.

4 Comments:

At 4:30 AM, April 13, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Not even mild eye bleeding yet? Here, maybe this will help...

Q: What does a Dolphin say if you knock at it's door?
A: What's your porpoise?

I've been reading your blog for a while *cough* when I should be working/studying. Anyway, I'm about to miss my flight but by all means, bring on the bad jokes!
(I'm sure I'll regret that later....)

ps. the word verification for this post is fixseacd. Fix sea cd? I'm thinkin' the dolphin left his shopping list.

 
At 10:31 AM, April 13, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh now you're asking for it...

1. It was a little girl's first day of school, and the teacher asked her what her name was. She replied, "Happy Butt!" The teacher said, "Honey, I don't think that's your name. You need to go see the principal and get this straightened out." So the little girl went to the principal's office. The principal asked the little girl, "What's your name?" The little girl answered, "Happy Butt!" The principal called the girl's mother to get this straightened out once and for all. After getting off the phone, the principal looked at the little girl and said, "Honey, your name is Gladys, not Happy Butt!" The girl then said, "Glad Ass, Happy Butt, what's the difference?!"

---

2. The Lone Ranger and Tonto were camping in the desert. After they had set up their tent, they laid down for a restful night. After a few hours, the Lone Ranger wakes his faithful companion. "Tonto, look up in the sky and tell me what you see." Tonto replied, "Me see millions of stars." The Lone Ranger asked, "What does that tell you?" Tonto pondered the question for a minute. "Astronomically speaking, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, it tells me that Saturn is in Leo. Time wise, it appears to be approximately a quarter past three. Theologically, it's evident that the Lord is all powerful and we are small and insignificant. Meteorologically, it seems we will have a beautiful day tomorrow. What does it tell you, Kemosabi?" The Lone Ranger stared silently at his friend for a moment, then said, "Tonto, you idiot! It means someone has stolen our tent!"

---

The captain of a pirate ship was sitting in his cabin when the first mate came to him and said, "There is a pirate ship on the horizon!" The captain replied, "Tell the men to prepare the guns and bring me my red shirt!" "Yes sir!" replied the first mate and went to fulfill his orders. The ship came closer and the men began to fight. The captain and his ship won the battle and the men kept all of the gold. A week later, the first mate came to the captain and said, "Captain, there are four ships on the horizon!" The captain replied, "OK, tell the men to prepare the guns and bring me my red shirt!" "Yes sir!" said the first mate and went to fulfill his orders. The other ships came closer and the men began to fight. The captain and his ship won the battle and the men kept all of the gold. After they won the battle, the first mate went to the captain and asked, "Every time we go into battle, you wear your red shirt. Why?" The captain answered, "Well, I wear my red shirt so that if I get shot and start bleeding, the men will keep fighting, not knowing their captain is hurt!" The first mate said, "Wow! That is really smart!" Two weeks later, the first mate once again came to the captain and said, "Captain, there are 20 ships on the horizon!" The captain said, "OK, tell the men to prepare the guns and bring me my brown pants!"

Blind yet?

I'm Ana, by the way. Nice to meet you.

 
At 8:51 PM, April 13, 2006, Blogger bravomedic said...

Nice blog! Good luck with your Medic class; I hear that cardiology is the toughest module anyway just because that is the main focus (there's only so much that we can do in EMS for neurological problems as opposed to cardiac complications).

I'm going to add you to the blog list!

-Bravomedic

 
At 3:58 AM, September 30, 2011, Anonymous Sidra said...

Modern cardiology has a deeply rooted history with theories still in use dating back to 1628. In that time, it was believed that blood came from the liver (probably from the observation of war wounds from the abdomen bleed profusely) and was absorbed by tissues directly. William Harvey published an essay in that year paving the way for the study of what we now know as the circulatory system; whose primary engine is the heart. Centers for Cardiology in Thailand

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page