Friday, February 03, 2006

Anti-Stress Techniques

I love the de-stressing gurus. Meditate! Yoga! Soft classical music! Nature sounds! Yanni!
Yeah, ok.
You know how i de-stress? Either a nice long walk in the woods, either silent or arguing with myself, or full blown, flat out assault on the senses. That's what I'm doing right now. I have 2 major de-stressing bands:
Disturbed and Metallica. There is something extremely theraputic about "Ain't My Bitch" at near ear-bleeding inducing levels.
At the moment I'm on the Disturbed kick. More specifically, Just Stop, Stricken, and The Game. All very loud.
Repeat multiple times over and feel the stress melt away. Is it strange that I find that soothing?

So anyway.
I really screwed up big time at work. During my application process (for the bus job) i had to get fingerprinted.
Well, guess what i did? Or more specifically, forgot to do? I forgot to sign the form with my prints!
So i got a phone call around 13:45, with my boss telling me to come to the office and sign the form. Sooooo, until they call him back saying that i'm ok on my background check, I can't drive. He said (boss) that if all goes well, i'll be driving again by tuesday, but still. Freakin pisses me off.
So tomorrow I am gonna finish the application for the ambulance job and i'm also going to fill out and mail the app for the civil service test for the dispatch job.

Saturday we have an all day class. Trauma labs. cool stuff. We had our quiz tonite. I did ok i think. there were 4 or 5 questions i wasnt sure of. i hope i got most of them right because it was only a 20 question quiz.
Our trauma doc was doing the lecture tonite. It was on Trauma during pregnancy. There's some pretty crazy stuff involved in that.

I think i'm pretty much out of stuff to say. Constructive stuff anyway. I could probably vent a novel right about now, but i'm not really in the mood to lay it out in the open right now.
So have a good night, blog land.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page