Thursday, February 02, 2006

just another day

This week is really sucking bad from a work standpoint.
Monday, I covered someones route (we're talking about cheeseboxes obviously, not meat wagons at the moment)
Tuesday, I covered an afternoon run that goes all over creation, Last night I took a bunch of skiers to West Nowhere (Next town over from North Nowhere if you were wondering), and now it is 0555 and no call from the bus garage yet. So unless they get a last minute call-in, i'll have the day off. Which is good and bad at the same time. It's bad because I need the money. It's good because I really need to study for our quiz tonite on Head, Face, Spinal, Thoracic, and Abdominal trauma. And if they don't call by 0630, I am going back to bed for 2 hours or so. I am tired. Been a long couple days.
As I mentioned last post, VO called me in for a shift Tuesday night. I didn't sleep a lick. It was by choice though. I got on a roll studying and i studied right through to about 0530, 0600 yesterday morning before my eyes started going in different directions. The only call we ran that shift was a call for chest pains about 4 or 5 blocks from the station, and they self-transported before we even got there.
Anyway, I came home from there, passed out for a few hours, went on the skiing run, came home, went to our scheduling meeting with QVA, came home, watched Mythbusters (love that show), got online, started chatting with a female friend of mine, and the next thing i knew it was 0040.
I've been up since 0500 today because I like to try to get up before the bus garage will call, that way it saves the phone from waking the whole family up.

I have to talk to my instructor tonite. I think i mentioned it earlier, but I'm planning on taking the civil service exam for a county dispatch job. I just discovered a small problem. I think. I may have class on the day of the civil service exam. The exam is 3/18, which is a saturday. 3/19 is listed as a Cardiac Lab covering Protocols/Treatments/CPR. That could go one of 2 ways. It could be saturday, or it could be Monday. I'm thinking it's pprrrrrroooobably supposed to be monday the 20th, because for one, i don't remember any major March holidays... oh wait... St. Patty's Day is the 17th... That's about as good as it gets for my instructor and most of the class. Hmm. I still think he meant to put Monday the 20th down, especially since it doesnt show any class on the 20th, it goes from the 19th to the 23rd. I'll ask tonite.
I had my first real lesson in paramedic brainstorming Tuesday night. Well, Wed. morning actually.
The paramedic I was on with kind of helped me along on a brainstorm of the possibilities of problems our pt had. it was cool. He said that a huge part of paramedic care is thinking, figuring what the problem could be and what it could be connected to. pretty cool.

Well, work isn't calling, so I'm going to go get some more shut-eye.
In closing, I just figured I'd put up the lyrics to a new song that I find freaking awesome.

"Just Stop"
By Disturbed, for lyrics, http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/disturbed/juststop.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page